One doesn't go to a Buc-ee's simply for gas, or to quickly snag an item from inside. When you go to Buc-ee's, you need sufficient time to complete a full-on shopping adventure.
If you've never been to a Buc-ee's gas station anywhere across the state of Texas, I'm going to tell you why you need to find a location, as soon as possible. It's the mecca of all gas stations, the capital of road-food options, the cleanest restroom you'll ever encounter off the interstate, and the most fun pit-stop you'll ever make.
This weekend was my first opportunity to set foot inside the new Buc-ee's location in Terrell, Tx, and per my usual Buc-ee's behavior I left with a basket full of junk food I never really needed!
As I was walking through the front doors, I noticed a big sign advertising their NEW Pepperjack Sausage Kolache. Sold.
I haven't given any love to my donut counterpart (the kolache) this year, so I figured this would be a wonderful opportunity for review!
While the kolache wasn't as spicy as I imaged it would be, it did pack a punch of flavor. These aren't any baby kolaches either, two of these would keep you full for most of the work day.
The only reason I don't completely hate myself for not ordering a dozen of those delicious roles from heaven, was because I picked up an assortment of Buc-ee's must-haves to curb any remaining hunger cravings.
- An unnecessary amount of soda - add ins are the best and if you don't get them, you're not living life to the fullest
- Sausage on a stick (wrapped in a warm tortilla) - beyond amazing
- Jerky - I don't care if you're driving 30 minutes or 30 hours, you should always have jerky in the car. Buc-ee's makes it hard to choose a flavor, because it feels like there are a hundred options.
- Sour strips - I chose pink lemonade. Any flavor will do, but something sour has to be in your must-have line up for optimum flavor balance.
- Last, and CERTAINLY not least, Buc-ee's Kettle Corn... aka crack-corn. It's gone before there is even an opportunity to share.
Wishing everyone a great week!