SHOP: THE DRESS
I'm no fashion blogger, but I know a good dress when I see one. Get ready to be overwhelmed with people coming up to you and saying, "oh my gosh your dress is so pretty!"
And yes, I already have this maxi in two patterns... probably buying a third.
- It's flattering for everyone. Elastic stretch waist adjusts to your body type. Draping maxi dress provides stunning movement when you walk!
- You have plenty of options! There are about 24 different brightly colored patterns to choose from (all gorgeous!)
- It's less than $30! <--- Click here to buy!
BAKE: THE ZITI
It's not "homemade," but it will be made in your home... and that is close enough!
What you'll need:
- dry penne pasta
- jar chunky spaghetti sauce
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1lb ground beef or Italian sausage
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup water
- basil for garnishing
- Brown meat in cast iron skillet
- Add water, garlic, and spaghetti sauce to skillet
- Bring to a simmer
- Add dry pasta to skillet, mix well
- Cover and let simmer for 8-10 min.
- Stir parmesan and ricotta cheeses together in separate bowl
- Add cheeses to skillet, mix well
- Top ziti with shredded mozzarella cheese to your liking
- Broil for 7 min, or until cheese has browned
- Serve warm and garnish with basil
WATCH: '13 REASONS WHY'
I have a brief review of this book in "What I'm Reading"... but if you don't have the time/patience to sit down and read, I would suggest putting this new Netflix series on your list.
Thirteen Reasons Why is a hauntingly beautiful story that combines teenage vulnerability and an often unheard perspective of mental illness (and ultimately, suicide).
Sounds dark... and yes, it is. But it's also wildly captivating and heartfelt.
I am extremely excited to see how these characters come to life on the small-screen. I will be binge-watching the entire series on its release day (March 31).
If you decide to watch it, let me know how you like it.